Butter + Coffee?
Who would have thought that’d be a good idea?
Well it’s not – it’s a great idea.
Welcome to the world of BulletProof Coffee
What Is BulletProof Coffee?
Bulletproof coffee is the invention of Dave Asprey at the BulletProof Exec. After searching for a coffee with low enough level of toxins & molds to meet his criteria, he gave up and decided to produce his own.
Besides being on par with some of the best coffee out there, Dave added a few ingredients to make his take on coffee – just a bit more unique.
- He added grass-fed butter to help maintain your fat burning mode in the morning, keep your blood sugar low & feed your brain tons of healthy fats.
- He added Brain Octane – essentially MCT oil on steroids – to help jolt your cognitive function into hyperdrive.
Benefits of BulletProof Coffee
There’s quite a few benefits of bulletproof coffee (and honestly, you have to try it once before you pass judgement), but a few of those benefits include:
- Absurdly low level of toxins
- Heaps of healthy fats to help give you long-lasting slow-burning energy.
- Maintain low blood sugar levels & prolong fat burning phase.
- Cognitive jolt & energy boost.
BulletProof Coffee Recipe
- 1 cup water 8oz
- 2 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee heaping scoops
- 1 teaspoon Bulletproof Brain Octane
- 1-2 tablespoon grass-fed unsalted butter (KerryGold)
Start with 1 cup (8 oz.) filtered water, just off the boil.
Measure 2 1/2 heaping tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Coffee beans (approximately 2 rounded tablespoons per 6 oz. water) and brew strong black coffee using your favorite coffee brewing method. (Why this is important)
Pour in 1 teaspoon Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Brain Octane™ or Bulletproof® Upgraded™ MCT Oil (build up to 1-2 tablespoons over several days).
Add 1 tablespoon grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee (build up to 2 tablespoons or much more over several days).
Mix in a blender for at least 20 seconds until the drink is frothy and looks like a creamy latte without a film of oil on the surface.
(optional) Add cinnamon, vanilla, dark chocolate, or a sweetener like Stevia for flavor
More BulletProof Coffee Resources
- Original Recipe at BulletProof Exec
- Modified BulletProof Coffee recipe available at IMPOSSIBLE
- Bulletproof coffee alternative – Fatty Coffee – by Abel James
How To Make BulletProof Coffee Video
Bullet Proof Coffee Ingredients Available Here
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Bulletproof Upgraded Brain Octane
- Kerry Gold Grassfed Butter (remember to choose unsalted, grass-fed, butter).